Bordeaux is known worldwide for its great tasting wine. Fortunately, we were able to spend a significant amount of time in the region to learn that it offers so much more! We fell in love with its beautifully preserved 18th century architecture, less-trafficked, walkable neighborhoods, diverse culture, and its abundant food scene.
In this post, we are going to focus on the Bordeaux food scene showing you everything from where you should grab your morning croissant to where to experience modern and delicious French cuisine all in one day! Please read on.
Breakfast @ Paul
- Location: 33 Rue Saint-Catherine (This location has outdoor seating)
- Price: $
- Favorite Meal(s): Croissant with Hot Chocolate
- Highlights: Start your morning at the popular chain, Paul, for some of the fluffiest croissants and most velvety cup of hot chocolate. Paul is located all over the city, but we dined at the location in the city center.
Lunch @ La Salle
- Location: 18 Rue Saint- Joseph
- Price: $
- Favorite Meal(s): Roast Beef with carmelized onions and roasted potatoes
- Highlights: Get ready for a local experience at La Salle featuring a minimal eclectic décor with home-style hospitality making you feel like you are in the chef’s living room. The menu changes daily and is hand-written on chalk-board adding to the restaurant’s charm.
#FITip: This restaurant is only open for lunch: Mon – Fri from 12 – 2:30pm !
Afternoon Organic Wine Tasting @ Cousin et Compagnie
- Location: 2 Rue de Pas – Saint Georges
- Price: $ – $$$
- Favorite Drink(s): Vintage Devin (produced by owner of shop)
- Highlights: What is special about this wine shop is the large assortment of organic wines covering the walls from floor to sealing. It’s a busy atmosphere, but the sommeliers are happy to help you navigate their collection.
Dinner @ Le Troquet
- Location: 18 Rue Fernand Philippart
- Price: $$
- Favorite Meal(s): Salmon and Gnocchi and Grilled Beef with Sweet Potato Chips & Corn Salsa
- Highlights: If you enjoy the wines at Cousin et Compagnie, then you will love the way they are paired with the menu items at this restaurant. Le Troquet is an intimate spot located just outside Place du Parliament featuring a rustic-farmhouse interior with colorful, modern plating. This is the perfect dinner spot after experiencing the beautiful streets of Bordeaux.
Travel Wide. Eat Well. Live Your Passion.
Sarah + Monty