We were inspired to make these Jerk Salmon Tacos after spending a late night over the weekend at a Jamaican restaurant in Brooklyn. We had fun experimenting with different fruits and vegetables. See below for our final creation.
#FITip: Let the good times that have lifted your spirit help be a catalyst to new beginnings on your journey to your ideal life.
Jerk Salmon Tacos
1 cup of shredded cabbage
1/2 pound salmon fillet
4 tablespoons of sour cream
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup of red onions
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
1/2 cup of mangoes, diced
1/2 cup of avocadoes, diced
1 tablespoon of jerk seasoning
Tortilla shells (soft or hard)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place foil on a baking sheet and grease with olive oil.
- Massage jerk seasoning into salmon. Place salmon on foil and put in oven for 18 minutes. After 18 minutes, set oven to broil and let salmon cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1/2 of mixture in a serving bowl.
- Use the other 1/2 of the sour cream mixture to toss with the cabbage and red onions.
- Dice salmon into chunks and place in tortilla. Top with cabbage mixture, mangoes, avocadoes, and cilantro. Use sour cream dipping sauce freely.
Travel Wide. Eat Well. Live Your Passion.
Sarah + Monty