Happy National Crème Brûlèe Day! This is a luxurious treat, which is surprisingly simple to make. See recipe below and enjoy every bite!
#FITip: Be guided by your interests to find your purpose.
2 cups of heavy cream
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar, plus extra for topping
6 egg yolks
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees
- Pour the cream into a small saucepan and then the vanilla extract. Let the cream come to a boil. Then reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a heatproof bowl and beat with a spoon. Pour the hot cream into the egg mixture, beating as you pour until the mixture has thickened. Pour the mixture into a wide, flat dish and lay it in a roasting pan. Boil a saucepan of water and carefully pour the hot water into the pan so that it comes halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the custard has set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Sprinkle a little sugar over the custard, then gently caramelize it using a kitchen blow torch or by putting it under a hot broiler. Let cool for a few minutes, then serve.
Recipe inspired by The French Kitchen Cookbook
Travel Wide. Eat Well. Live Your Passion.