This Middle Eastern lamb recipe will have you in and out of the kitchen in 20 minutes and dreaming about a trip to Beirut once you taste all of the delicious flavors!
Middle Eastern Lamb Patties with Yogurt on Pita
1 cup plain full-fat or low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped herbs (we used mint, dill and cilantro)
Kosher salt to your liking
1 pound ground lamb
1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 1 large clove)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon hot paprika
1 teaspoons kosher salt
4 to 6 pita bread rounds
For the sauce:
In a small bowl mix the yogurt with the lemon juice. Stir in the chopped herbs, season with salt and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
For the patties and pita:
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to mix together all of the ingredients not including the pita. Form twelve 3-inch patties (about 1 inch thick). Arrange the patties on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Preheat a grill or skillet for at least 10 minutes and prepare it for grilling over moderately high heat.
- Grill patties until brown about 4 minutes on each side.
- Warm pita bread in microwave for 20 seconds or oven for a couple minutes.
- Place 2 or 3 patties in each pita, spoon some of the yogurt sauce on top and serve with herbs.
Recipe inspired by epicurious.com.
Travel Wide. Eat Well. Live Your Passion.
Sarah + Monty